|Job Title||Chief Operation Officer(COO)|
|Duration||1 Year(s) (Possibility of extension)|
|Number of Posts||1|
|Salary||Will be negotiated or decided on Interview|
|Duties and Responsibilities|
Reporting to: the Director of RRCC, The RRCC Chief Operation Officer COO is to provide overall senior management to all projects undertaken by the Company; this scope of responsibility may embrace one or several projects. The COO will be required to provide oversight and direction for the successful implementation of projects spanning all implementation functions from engineering, Design and Construction to Finance and following the supply of material with logistics/procurement.
The RRCC Chief Operation Officer COO will be responsible for:
• Addressing, in concert with assigned Regional Group Managers the entire scope of Projects activities in all over Afghanistan, ranging from security situations, contractor mobilization, demobilization and activities, community relationships, engineering, budgets, QC, safety, administration, Work Schedule and logistics;
• Guiding assigned project activities with associated implementing agencies.
• Monitoring and advising, in cooperation with the Donor(S), on the development of contract and supporting documents for the assigned projects to ensure transparency of implementation
• Promoting professional standards for project management, contracting, and engineering across all disciplines;
• Monitoring project works to ensure conformity with RRCC and Donor(S) rules and regulations and professional engineering standards as applicable.
• Preparing reports as required and submitting relevant information and recommendations for improvement and/or change to the Project on an ongoing basis.
• Advising and supporting the Project Team(s) on any technical and logistics issues arising from assigned activities/projects;
• Coordinating activities and planning with the other key RRCC Managers/Staff: Program Manager; Chief Support Department , Security Manager, QC Manager, Safety Manager, Community Development Director, Chief Technical Officer, Chief Logistics/Procurement Officer, Chief Financial Officer ; Design Manager, etc..
• Managing the Teams assigned to each project/Region.
• Ensuring all Project works meet assigned technical standards and specifications and are as per Request For Proposal (RFP)
• Ensuring all Submittals and samples submitted on time and follow up with QC of all submission and getting approval from the Donor(S).
• Holding and running of meetings with the Donor(S) and ensuring that all decisions followed and implemented on time.
• Recording the project suspensions dates and expenses and reported to both RRCC Directorate and Donor(S).
• Certifying and checking of all Subcontractors payment vouchers and contract amendments.
• Ensuring that the actual site work is as per approved Work Schedule.
• Respect all internal and external RRCC rules and polices.
The RRCC Chief Operation Officer COO is responsible for contributing to capacity building on the part of RRCC by:
• Advising on good engineering practices
• Instructing and guiding selected RRCC engineers on submissions, QC, safety, contract management, project management, materials testing, and maintenance as necessary to ensure a successful outcome;
• Promoting appropriate engineering standards for the purpose of capacity building of RRCC staff in conjunction with project implementation requirements.
Experiene: 20 years
Interested applicants should submit their applications with detailed CV to Dr. M. Sediq Noori , HR Manager at Road & Roof Construction Company at:
â€¢ You too could be a part of creating history in Afghanistan.
â€¢ At RRCC, we have many jobs in a wide variety of specialties.
â€¢ We are looking to employ adaptable, flexible, willing and capable people.
â€¢ Working in Afghanistan presents a unique opportunity for professional and personal challenge, adventure and service. Personnel will experience a unique and different culture.
â€¢ Those who work in Afghanistan may be located in Kabul, Kandahar, Bagram, Gardez, Herat, Kandahar Air Field and other project sites. You may also be assigned to other countries which fall under RRCC’s expanding territories of operational projects.
â€¢ There are opportunities for employees at all levels, from interns to seasoned professionals with mixed backgrounds ranging from architects, engineers and project managers, to administrators, contractors and accountants.
Interested applicants should submit their applications with detailed CV to our HR Department at:
House No 105, Street # 1 Opposite Electricity Station, Kololaposhta Road, Kabul City.
Or E-mail your CV and Documents to
Please mention the vacancy Number & Job Title clearly in your email’s subject.